What I Stand For: A Moral Code of Action
I am wrong, and I am wrong often. I accept I have no monopoly on wisdom, but strive to see the world more clearly each day.
I strive to find the darkness of my blind-spots and open the curtains on them.
You can let me know all your problems, and ask for advice, but they won’t go outside my most trusted circle.
I will only consider sharing it when:
- You openly share it with others and
- I feel it appropriate
I will not demand; I will ask, and you can always say no.
But not when:
- There is insufficient time to explain
- Harm would be caused
- We have a Consensual-Non-Consent agreement
- In sex, I make (refusable) demands
I will hold others to standards I have made clear.
When I listen deeply to another, have a sense for the deeper context and who that person is… I will then help.
- Do no harm
- In a way that fits them
- To relieve their ailment (in mind or body)
- Helping others with minor stress
- Where I would hinder their growth
- Providing “free” advice